Bookkeeping and Payroll Course Content
*Windows Operating System Required for this course
- General Principles
- Bookkeeping and Accounting Terminology
- Bookkeeping and Accounting Processes & Procedures
- Production of Computerised Trial Balances, etc.
- Computerised Accounts Systems
- File Management
- Security Issues & GDPR
Payroll & PRSI
- Manual & Computerised Payroll
- The positives and negatives of a computerised system for bookkeeping payroll processing purposes
- The positives and negatives of a manual system for bookkeeping and payroll processing purposes
- Cumulative, Emergency & Temporary Tax Systems
- Preparing all necessary returns and tax forms for the Revenue Commissioners
- Examine changes in personal tax due to various factors
- Preparing all necessary tax forms for employees
Our Bookkeeping and Payroll Course Lecturers
Alison Dunne has many years’ experience working as a Company accountant. Her strengths are cash management, processing re-engineering and management of a finance function within a company. She is currently the Chief Financial Officer in Quest Recruitment Ltd., a leading recruitment company, solely dedicated to recruiting for Accountancy and Financial Services Professionals.
Anne Marie Cogan
Anne Marie Cogan is a qualified ACCA Accountant and holds a 1:1 Level 8 degree in Accountancy. She was an award-winning student who received recognition from Chartered Accountants Ireland for achieving the highest grade in her undergraduate degree. Anne Marie has over two decades of experience in the business environment. She is an excellent communicator and challenges complex theories and calculations, always bringing them back to simple terms which she believes is the secret to effective learning. Her research interest are effective management of expenditure in education.
A pass grade on the written assignment will be required for awarding of the Diploma.
The Course is assessed by way of MCQ (70%) and presentation (30%).
If paying in instalments by direct debit, the deposit to book a place is €150 and the balance is split into three equal monthly payments.
Why City Colleges?
- Courses for students who are passionate about their subject, delivered by leaders in their field.
- Live lectures which are also streamed live on Moodle and recorded for review
- City centre location in South Great George’s Street, convenient for bus, LUAS, DART
- Southside Dublin location in Dundrum
- Study rooms and library in our City Centre location
- Limited class size
Want to Enrol Now but Pay Later?
Use this application form to enrol now and we’ll contact you regarding the next steps.