This Cloud Security course will give you the skills needed to deploy and automate secure cloud environments that support the high availability of business systems and data.
It will allow you to view cloud-based infrastructure services in the context of broader IT systems operations regardless of the platform. Migrating to the cloud presents opportunities to deploy, optimize, and protect mission critical applications and data storage. This course will validate the technical skills needed to secure these valuable assets.
The reality of operating multi-cloud environments poses new challenges. Cloud Security is ideal for cloud engineers who need to have expertise across multiple products and systems.
Why Cloud Security?
- Ireland has 2nd highest demand for Cybersecurity professionals from around the world.
- Demand for Cloud Security skills has been predicted to grow by 115% over the next four years
- Cloud Security Engineer Base salary in Ireland is €68k
Understanding Cloud Concepts.
- Recognize Cloud Concepts
- Recognize Cloud Terms
- Understand the Troubleshooting Methodology
Planning and Designing a Cloud Environment
- Meet Cloud Business Requirements
- Design Capacity Planning and Requirements
Administering Cloud Resources
- Manage Cloud Administration
- Manage Compute Resources in the Cloud
- Manage Memory Resources
Managing Cloud Storage
- Understand Cloud Storage Types
- Configure Cloud Storage Solutions
- Configure Cloud Storage Protocols and RAID
Managing Networks in the Cloud
- Deploying Cloud Network Services
- Identify Cloud Network Infrastructure Components
Securing and Troubleshooting Networks in the Cloud
- Secure a Network in a Cloud Environment
- Troubleshooting Cloud Connectivity
Managing Cloud Migrations and Troubleshooting Cloud Deployments
- Manage Cloud Migrations
- Troubleshoot Cloud Deployment and Migration Issues
Managing Cloud Automation and Orchestration
- Understand Cloud Automation and Orchestration Techniques
- Troubleshoot Automation and Orchestration in the Cloud
Understanding Cloud Security Concepts
- Administer Identity and Access Management in the Cloud
- Topic 9B: Manage Cloud Operating System and Application Security
- Topic 9C: Manage Data Security and Compliance in the Cloud
Managing Cloud Security
- Implement Security Measures in the Cloud Domain
- Topic 10B: Troubleshoot Cloud Security
Managing Cloud Performance
- Operate Efficiently in the Cloud
- Topic 11B: Accomplish Cloud Operations Tasks
- Topic 11C: Optimize Cloud
- Topic 11D: Troubleshoot Common Cloud Performance Problems
Managing Maintenance in the Cloud
- Configure Logs, Monitoring, and Alerting for Cloud Services
- Topic 12B: Manage Backup and Restore in the Cloud
Implementing High Availability and Disaster Recovery in the Cloud
- Understand High Availability and Scaling in the Cloud
- Manage Disaster Recovery in the Cloud
- Manage Backup and Restore in the Cloud
Laptop or PC with an operating system of Windows 8 or newer is fine for this course, but an iPad is not recommended.
CompTIA Cloud+ Study Guide: Exam CV0–003
A ‘Pass’ grade on both the digital assignment(s) (Project(s)) as well as in-class participation is required to achieve the Professional Diploma. A ‘Fail’ grade will result in a Certificate of Attendance for the course but without the Professional Diploma being awarded.
Students must attend at least 8 of the 10 course evenings to graduate with either the Professional Diploma or Certificate of Attendance unless a serious and verifiable reason for further absence is provided. Likewise, the Project must be uploaded on the due date unless a sound reason for lateness is provided. In such instances, an extension may be awarded at the discretion of the lecturer.
Thomas Owen has over 20 years of experience in information technology and cybersecurity scattered across multiple industries: consulting, financial, healthcare, government, and educational. During his career, he has held multiple C-level positions including roles as Chief Information Officer as well as Chief Information Security Officer for multiple organisations.
Thomas also has a BS in Technology Management as well as over 15 industry certifications covering topics such as cybersecurity, project management, information technology, and training.
City Colleges Diploma (Preparation to take CompTIA’s Security + examination – optional)
A City College’s Professional Diploma Course is a focused, practical programme designed and delivered by an industry practitioner, that consolidates, upskills or reskills learners in a professional area. They are stand-alone qualifications that indicate that you have been trained in a particular area or specific subject matter.
City College Diplomas are suitable for career minded learners wishing to advance their professional skills and prospects. They are widely accepted by employers and many students are sponsored to study here by their organisation.
In addition to our scheduled Professional Diploma courses, City Colleges can provide bespoke training over 3 – 4 days, please contact Kevin.Coyne@citygroup.ie for further details.
This course can benefit you in two ways.
If you intend to take the CompTIA Cloud+ certification examination, this course can be a significant part of your preparation.
Today’s job market demands individuals with demonstrable skills, and the information and activities in this course can help you build your cloud sysadmin skill set so that you can confidently perform your duties in any cloud administrator role.
On course completion, you will be able to:
- Understand cloud concepts
- Plan and design a cloud environment
- Administer cloud resources
- Manage cloud storage
- Manage networks in the cloud
- Secure and troubleshoot networks in the cloud
- Manage cloud migrations and troubleshoot cloud deployments
- Manage cloud automation and orchestration
- Understand cloud security concepts
- Manage cloud security
- Manage cloud performance
- Manage cloud maintenance
- Implement high availability and disaster recovery in the cloud
Why City Colleges?
Study options that Suit your Schedule
Study where you want when you want. On Campus, Live Online, and On Demand.
Industry Expert-Led Courses
100+ courses, across subject areas in Business, IT, Psychology, Criminology, Law, Media, Arts & Science with over 16,000 graduates
World Class Teaching
City Colleges Lecturers are industry leaders in their chosen fields
Our commitment to student experience
Our Programme Teams engage, support, and guide our students throughout their programme to ensure that their learning experience is a positive one and prepares them to use their new skills in the workplace.
Cutting Edge Programme Content
Our students enjoy some of the most contemporary and industry-relevant course content, developed by our industry-based practitioners to close skills gaps in the global workforce
Premium courses at affordable prices
City Colleges is committed to ensuring that our education and training programmes are accessible and affordable.