Are you concerned that your organization might be the next victim of a cybersecurity attack? You are not alone. It’s time to learn the basic concepts of cybersecurity and become a cyber defender.
Cybersecurity skills are in high demand in every sector of business and society today. This course will give you a chance to learn the fundamentals and introduce you to a possible career in cybersecurity.
This course is designed as an introductory course to the concepts of cyber security. Some previous background in information technology is helpful to students in this course. The course content is based on CompTIA’s Security+ certification exam preparation and includes:
- Course Content – Comptia’s Security+ Training
- Comparing Security Roles and Security Controls
- Explaining Threat Actors and Threat Intelligence
- Performing Security Assessments
- Identifying Social Engineering and Malware
- Summarizing Basic Cryptographic Concepts
- Implementing Public Key Infrastructure
- Implementing Authentication Controls
- Implementing Identity and Account Management Controls
- Implementing Secure Network Designs
- Implementing Network Security Appliances
- Implementing Secure Network Protocols
- Implementing Host Security Solutions
- Implementing Secure Mobile Solutions
- Summarizing Secure Application Concepts
- Implementing Secure Cloud Solutions
- Explaining Data Privacy and Protection Concepts
- Performing Incident Response
- Explaining Digital Forensics
- Summarizing Risk Management Concepts
- Implementing Cybersecurity Resilience
- Explaining Physical Security
Fundamental Cybersecurity knowledge areas in particular:
- Attacks, Threats, and Vulnerabilities
- Architecture and Design
- Operations and Incident Response
- Governance, Risk, and Compliance
On passing this course you will be awarded the City Colleges Diploma in Cybersecurity – Introduction
Taking the CompTIA Security+ certification exam is optional. Students who wish to sit for the official certification exam should visit www.comptia.org for more information on the requirements and fees. The registration fee for the official Security+ certification exam is not included in this lecture course. To successfully pass the certification exam, students will need to invest additional study time beyond the time spent in this class.
City Colleges Diploma (Preparation to take CompTIA’s Security+ examination – optional)
‘CompTIA Security+ Study Guide: Exam SY0–601, (8th edition) by Mike Chapple and David Seidl’.
*This book is available to buy on Amazon, please purchase this before the course commences.
Laptop or PC with an operating system of Windows 8 or newer is fine for this course, but an iPad is not recommended.
A pass grade on the written assignment will be required for awarding the Diploma.
Similarly, the Project must be handed in on the due date unless a sound reason for lateness is provided. In such instances, an extension may be awarded at the discretion of the lecturer.
Liam is an experienced risk manager with a demonstrated history of 20 years working in the IT and cybersecurity industry. He has worked on cybersecurity projects across the globe from the UK, to Central Africa and Canada.
Liam has several years experience working within one of the big four companies. He is currently working for Accenture in cybersecurity. Liam is a skilled cybersecurity strategist and has worked on many public and private projects. Projects included Data Protection (GDPR, ePrivacy), Computer Forensics, eDiscovery, Identity Access Management and Pentesting, to name a few. He has an incredible passion for all things cyber and is a must-have in an ever-changing digital landscape.
Education: Liam has completed an MSc – Master in Applied Cyber Security (Thesis – The Right To Privacy In A Digital World), a BSc in Digital Forensics and Cyber Security, and is a CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker).
In addition to our scheduled Professional Diploma courses, City Colleges can provide bespoke training over 3 – 4 days, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
- Live & fully online
- Archived for review
- City centre location
- Fully interactive
- Limited class sizes
Why City Colleges?
Industry Expert-led courses
Choose from one of our 100 courses, spanning 7 faculties, with over 16,000 graduates
Innovative and flexible study modes
Choose to study in one of our expertly led classroom and online environments
Deposit & instalment Options Available
Sign up to our courses with a deposit and structured payment plan.
We offer fully interactive classroom environment courses