Turning Data into information and information into Business Intelligence
Diploma in Data Analytics
Data analysis is the process of evaluating datasets using statistical tools to reveal information you can make decisions with. Data analytics essentially examines large datasets to uncover not easily recognisable patterns, correlations, and other insights.
There are many tools available to Data Scientists such as Microsoft Excel which is highly popular, R, Python Data Analysis Libraries and Tableau for Data Visualization.
Excel is one of the most widely used tools for data analysis and indeed it’s built-in pivot tables are arguably the most popular analytic tool. It will be the base tool used throughout the course, but you will also get to work with R, Python and Tableau to achieve a broader appreciation of analytical capabilities.
Diploma in Data Analytics Content
In this course you will learn how to:
- Use the key statistical functions of Excel along with the Data Analysis Add-On tool
- Apply Filter, Sort and Format Data to large open-sourced datasets
- Use of the IF, VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP functions of Excel.
- Use of Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts to Create a Dashboard
- Use of Correlation and Linear Regression to display patterns in data
- Work with Time Series Analysis and Moving Averages
- Analysis Datasets through R Studio and /or Python and Tableau
*This course is intended for anyone who wants to take the data analysis technologies in Excel and similar Analysis Tools beyond formulas and add more advanced capabilities such as dashboards, hierarchies, and relationships.
What will I learn from this course?
In this Data Analytics Course, you will be introduced to the key statistical concepts that are essential for all Data Analysts. You will study both descriptive and inferential Statistics. You will learn how to apply statistical concepts through the hands-on use of a variety of industry datasets and explore how your analysis of these can enable and support decisions making. You will learn how to deploy and use a range of popular tools for analysing data, including Microsoft Excel, R Studio, Python Pandas Finally, you will study how to present data by creating dashboards, charts, using Web-based tools such as Tableau.
A basic understanding of Microsoft Excel
Data Analytics Course Lecturer
John Honan is a Software Engineer with over 20 years’ experience across the e-commerce and finance industries. Having worked as Global Head of Data Strategy at Groupon, John knows how to build robust BI systems that deliver meaningful business information. He has also mentored and led teams of data analysts and delivered analytics solutions at companies including Google, Microsoft and AIB.
John has an in-depth knowledge of RDBMS databases and frameworks from mySQL and Oracle up to high-volume systems like Hadoop, together with the programming languages and analytics tools needed to leverage that data; SQL, Excel, Python, R, Java, and Tableau.
John holds a Masters in Computer Science from The Open University, UK and has several peer-reviewed publications.
Diploma in Data Analytics Course Fee
(€1,135 if paying in instalments)
Online course: €895
(€995 if paying in instalments)
If paying in instalments by direct debit, the deposit to book a place is €150 and the balance is split into three equal monthly payments.
Non-EU students: Call +353 1 4160034
A pass grade on the written assignment will be required for awarding of the Diploma.
Similarly, the Project must be handed in on the due date unless a sound reason for lateness is provided. In such instances, an extension may be awarded at the discretion of the lecturer.
Why City Colleges
- Courses for students who are passionate about their subject, delivered by leaders in their field.
- Live lectures which are also streamed live on Moodle and recorded for review
- City centre location in South Great George’s Street, convenient for bus, LUAS, DART
- Southside Dublin, Ireland location
- Study rooms and library in our City Centre location in Dublin, Ireland
- Limited class size