10% Off IT and Computing Diplomas – Use Code ITDIPS10
Turning Data into information and information into Business Intelligence
Diploma in Data Analytics
Why Data Analysis?
Data is the lifeblood of many industries and understanding how to process, analyse and visualise that data is a skill much sought after by employers. The Diploma in Data Analytics is aimed at people who want to learn these skills and advance their career prospects. It’s also great if you work with data and want to boost your knowledge of analytics tools and processes to improve your overall productivity.
Data analysis is the process of evaluating datasets using statistical tools to reveal information you can make decisions with. Data analytics essentially examines large datasets to uncover not easily recognisable patterns, correlations, and other insights.
We’ll start by looking at the principles of the Data Analysis process, and the types of data you’ll be working with. Then we’ll examine the business aspects of analytics, the stakeholders and the Key Performance Indicators they use for decision making.
We then take a hands-on approach to guiding you through the tools that Data Analysts use every day; Excel, R, Python and Tableau, and how to apply these to real-world datasets and examples.
Diploma in Data Analytics Content
In this course you will learn how to:
- Understanding Business Intelligence, Metrics, and KPIs
- Data Sources, Relational Databases and SQL
- The Data Analysis Process
- Working with Time Series, Cross-Sectional and Panel Data
- Identifying Trends and Patterns with Regression and Correlation
- Data Analysis Functions in Excel
- Processing and Cleaning Data in Excel with IF, VLOOKUP and Text Functions
- Creating Pivot Tables, Pivot Charts and Advanced Visualisations in Excel
- Data Processing, Visualisation and Publication using R Studio
- Using Python Pandas for Analytics
- Building and Publishing Dashboards with Tableau
- Data Science and Machine Learning Algorithms
*This course is intended for anyone who wants to take the data analysis technologies in Excel and similar Analysis Tools beyond formulas and add more advanced capabilities such as dashboards, hierarchies, and relationships.
What will I learn from this course?
In this Data Analytics Course, you will be introduced to the key statistical concepts that are essential for all Data Analysts. You will study both descriptive and inferential Statistics. You will learn how to apply statistical concepts through the hands-on use of a variety of industry datasets and explore how your analysis of these can enable and support decisions making. You will learn how to deploy and use a range of popular tools for analysing data, including Microsoft Excel, R Studio, and Python Pandas. Finally, you will study how to present data by creating and publishing dashboards using Web-based tools such as Tableau.
A basic understanding of Microsoft Excel
Students will be required to have Office software downloaded onto their devices for the duration of this course
See the price for monthly Microsoft subscription here: https://bit.ly/3n9stFT
Data Analytics Course Lecturer
John Honan is a Software Engineer with over 20 years’ experience across the e-commerce and finance industries. Having worked as Global Head of Data Strategy at Groupon, John knows how to build robust BI systems that deliver meaningful business information. He has also mentored and led teams of data analysts and delivered analytics solutions at companies including Google, Microsoft and AIB.
John has an in-depth knowledge of RDBMS databases and frameworks from mySQL and Oracle up to high-volume systems like Hadoop, together with the programming languages and analytics tools needed to leverage that data; SQL, Excel, Python, R, Java, and Tableau.
John holds a Masters in Computer Science from The Open University, UK and has several peer-reviewed publications.
Diploma in Data Analytics Course Fee
(€1,095 if paying in instalments)
Online course: €895
(€995 if paying in instalments)
If paying in instalments by direct debit, the deposit to book a place is €150 and the balance is split into three equal monthly payments.
Non-EU students: Call +353 1 4160034
A pass grade on the written assignment will be required for awarding of the Diploma.
Similarly, the Project must be handed in on the due date unless a sound reason for lateness is provided. In such instances, an extension may be awarded at the discretion of the lecturer.
Why City Colleges
- Courses for students who are passionate about their subject, delivered by leaders in their field.
- Live lectures which are also streamed live on Moodle and recorded for review
- City centre location in South Great George’s Street, convenient for bus, LUAS, DART
- Southside Dublin, Ireland location
- Study rooms and library in our City Centre location in Dublin, Ireland
- Limited class size