The course will address disciplines across the spectrum of Data Management and is aimed at people looking to start developing their knowledge in this field.
Why Data Management?
I think we can all agree that over the last few years the world has turned on its head and with that, the importance and benefits of data knowledge. The world is now realising the importance of treating data as an asset!
For businesses the practice of data management has become more and more a priority since the introduction of BCBS239 and GDPE et al but also given the unprecedented increase in use of data throughout the last couple of years through the pandemic. This course will look to cover the practice of collecting, storing, organising, protecting, verifying, and processing data.
- The average Data Analyst salary in Ireland is € 50 000 per year
- Career openings in Data Management are projected to increase by 11% between 2018 and 2028
- Data Analysis skills will always be in demand
The objective of this module is to provide the learner with knowledge of:
- Data Management Overview
- Data Governance and Ethics
- Architecture and Modelling
- Data Storage
- Data Security
- Business Intelligence
- Data Quality
You will have a base knowledge of the various facets and concepts of data management with framework examples and how these can be applied in any business.
- You will understand why data should be treated as an asset
- Why Data Governance is important and design activities
- What is a Data Model and its components
- Data Storage operations and principles
- Data Regulatory requirements
- Data Security and Data Risk
- You will understand what data warehousing is and why we need Data Science
- You will know how to use data for business intelligence and drive real data value
- Understand the principles of Data Quality and understand data risk
- Metadata, Reference data and Master Data
City Colleges Diploma
A City College’s Professional Diploma Course is a focused, practical programme designed and delivered by an industry practitioner, that consolidates, upskills or reskills learners in a professional area. They are stand-alone qualifications that indicate that you have been trained in a particular area or specific subject matter.
City College Diplomas are suitable for career minded learners wishing to advance their professional skills and prospects. They are widely accepted by employers and many students are sponsored to study here by their organisation.
A pass grade on the written assignment will be required for awarding the Diploma.
Similarly, the Project must be handed in on the due date unless a sound reason for lateness is provided. In such instances, an extension may be awarded at the discretion of the lecturer.
Senior Manager Group Data Management | President of the new DAMA Ireland (Data Management Association) Est. 2022
Recognised as a Data Leader in Bank of Ireland, Carl is a Senior Manager in the Group Data & Analytics Office. As part of a new Data Management Leadership team tasked with;
• Delivering a new Data Management capability in Bank of Ireland
• Collaborating to design processes around operational structures for governance
• Manufacturing collaboration to enable implementation of data governance
• Data education initiatives to improve fluency in this space aligned with the banks digital ambition
• Communicating the Data & Analytics vision of our Chief Data Officer in enabling value from data when treated as an asset
Follow Carl on Twitter @CarlSugarKane
In addition to our scheduled Professional Diploma courses, City Colleges can provide bespoke training over 3 – 4 days, please contact email@example.com for further details.
- Live u0026 fully online
- Archived for review
- City centre location
- Fully interactive
- Limited class sizes
Why City Colleges?
Industry Expert-led courses
Choose from one of our 100 courses, spanning 7 faculties, with over 16,000 graduates
Innovative and flexible study modes
Choose to study in one of our expertly led classroom and online environments
Deposit & instalment Options Available
Sign up to our courses with a deposit and structured payment plan.
We offer fully interactive classroom environment courses