Students will have acquired an in-depth knowledge of fashion and retail buying to develop their career. The student will have gained an understanding of the fashion buying and merchandising process in full.
- Terminology and Processes and terms involved in fashion merchandising.
- Interaction between retailers, buyers, manufacturers and customers.
- Influences which affect the fashion cycle.
- Retail organisations.
- The purpose of promotion.
- Market analysis for a fashion retailer.
Students must attend at least 80% of classes to graduate with either the Diploma or Certificate of Attendance unless a serious and verifiable reason for further absence is provided.
If completing the course online, attendance and participation is tracked through Moodle.
A pass grade on the written assignment will be required for awarding of the Diploma.
The Course is assessed by way of project (70%) and MCQ (30%).
Why City Colleges?
- Courses for students who are passionate about their subject, delivered by leaders in their field.
- Live lectures which are also streamed live on Moodle and recorded for review
- City centre location in South Great George’s Street, convenient for bus, LUAS, DART
- Study rooms and library in our City Centre location
- Limited class size