10% Off IT and Computing Diplomas – Use Code ITDIPS10
Blockchain is a leader in revolutionary technologies
Why Blockchain Technology?
- Explore the evolution of blockchain technologies.
- Discover the core differences between blockchain technologies, cryptocurrencies, and distributed ledger technologies.
- Explore the essential characteristics of blockchain technologies.
- Practice developing blockchain-based business models.
- Explore practical blockchain-based use cases.
- Understand the business and technical skills required for blockchain roles.
- Learn about cryptocurrencies, tokenisation, and digital assets.
Our foundation of blockchain technologies course will cover the principles of blockchain technologies, cryptocurrencies, distributed ledger technologies and tokenization. During this course, students will actively participate in the development of a blockchain business idea from conception to completion.
The course will explore how the core characteristics of blockchain technologies can be leveraged to create new and innovative business models and business ideas.
The course will examine and scrutinize the business models of industry specific uses cases and explore how blockchain technology has transformed their digital supply chains.
This course has been developed to introduce students to the exciting world of blockchain technologies, developing their skills to create their business ideas and business models. This course is suitable for anyone interested in experiencing blockchain technology and business model development in a fun and interactive format.
Diploma in Foundations of Blockchain Technology Content
- Introduction to Blockchain Technologies
- Blockchain Evolutionary Factors
- Blockchain-Based Business Models
- Blockchain Development Platforms
- Blockchain Smart Contracts
- Blockchain and Artificial Intelligence
- Blockchain and Digital Identity
- Blockchain and GDPR
- Blockchain Gamification and Tokenisation
- The Future of Blockchain Technologies
What will I learn from this course?
On this foundations of blockchain technology course, you will gain an understanding of the core characteristics of blockchain technologies that differentiate it from other technologies that will enable you to create bespoke blockchain-based business models. You will also study the main blockchain software development platforms that can be used to develop blockchain products and services.
Upon completion of the course, you will have designed and developed your own blockchain-based business model as well as having gained the necessary skills to create more blockchain based business models in the future. You will also be equipped with the knowledge of blockchain technology related terminology that will enable you to navigate the rapid accelerating blockchain industry and job market.
Dr Trevor Clohessy
Dr Trevor Clohessy has been researching and teaching about blockchain technologies for the past 6 years. He has also written extensively on the topic in news media outlets, journals, and industry magazines. In 2018, Trevor wrote one of the first industry reports which examined factors impacting the adoption of blockchain technologies in Ireland. Trevor is also secretary of the Blockchain Ireland working group for education, innovation, and skills. Trevor also works with companies to develop digital and blockchain-based business models.
Lectures are online. All content is webcast live and recorded for review. Online content is available through Moodle.
A ‘Pass’ grade on both the digital assignment(s) (Project(s)), as well as in-class participation, is required to achieve the Diploma. A ‘Fail’ grade will result in a Certificate of Attendance for the course but without the Diploma being awarded.
Students must attend at least 8 of the 10-course evenings to graduate with either the Diploma or Certificate of Attendance unless a serious and verifiable reason for further absence is provided. Likewise, the Project must be uploaded on the due date unless a sound reason for lateness is provided. In such instances, an extension may be awarded at the discretion of the lecturer.
Students will be assessed through two projects.
The first project will be completed during the duration of the course.
The second project will be completed within one month of cessation of lectures.
These assignments will be based around and thus confirming the students’ learned knowledge of blockchain technology and blockchain-based business models.
Diploma in Foundations of Blockchain Technology Course Fee
Live Online course: €695
(€795 if paying in instalments)
If paying in instalments by direct debit, the deposit to book a place is €150 and the balance is split into three equal monthly payments.
Non-EU students: Call +353 1 4160034
- It is essential that for the duration of this course, you have access to either a laptop or desktop PC to gain the maximum benefit of the course and to complete the blockchain technology projects to their best potential.
- Students should become familiar with the business model canvas training and resources available here: https://www.strategyzer.com/canvas
- It is also recommended that students purchase a copy of the course textbook which is available in eCopy format from the publisher’s website: https://novorayio.com/publications/
Why City Colleges
- Courses for students who are passionate about their subject, delivered by leaders in their field.
- Live lectures which are also streamed live on Moodle and recorded for review
- City centre location in South Great George’s Street, convenient for bus, LUAS, DART
- Southside Dublin, Ireland location
- Study rooms and library in our City Centre location in Dublin, Ireland
- Limited class size