Why study Food and Beverage Management?
In the hospitality area, Food and Beverage Management is one of the key operational considerations that decides a business’s success or failure. Now, every customer has become an armchair food critic from watching years of Masterchef and Bake Off shows on TV and the expectations have skyrocketed. Any establishment that does not adhere to best practice will immediately find themselves heavily criticised on social media and review websites. With our diploma, we can ensure you attain relevant expertise from an industry expert that is currently working in this exact area that has a wealth of experience.
Indicative Course Content (may be subject to change)
- Planning, forecasting, and executing food and beverage orders
- Techniques for processing customer complaints.
- Planning alternative recipes for customers with special dietary needs.
- Food and beverage supply chains and order placement approaches.
- Tracking and ordering shipments.
- Vendor Relationship Management.
- Irish and EU food, health and safety standards.
- Planning, hiring, training, and management of staff
- Customer welcome supervision
- The concept of customer experience and value add in hospitality
This will be a blended learning course with 70% online / 30% offline. If you are unable to attend live classes, the classes will be available online to watch at a later stage. It is a 10-week course, live classes will be on Tuesday evenings per week from 6:30pm to 9:30pm.
Assessment will be by a mixture of a written assignments and continuous assessment.
Thomas Stinton has a wealth of experience in the Hotel Food & Beverage Management area, working for over 10 years for several International Hotel Chains and big multinational organisations including the Westin, O’Callaghan Collection, The Doyle Collection, the Fitzpatrick Hotel Group, and Gleneagles Hotel. His experience includes the management of Food and Beverage operations from right across the spectrum of hospitality areas
In addition to his professional experience, Mr. Stinton holds a first-class Bachelor of Science degree in International Hospitality Management, a Level 3 City and Guilds certification in Food Safety and Hygiene for Supervisors, a Food Protection Certificate from the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, and a Level 2 WSET Certificate from the Wine and Spirit Education Trust.