As roles in Human Resources are becoming ever more specialised there is a need to understand how HR in specific industries works. Choosing, enumerating, and retaining high-performance employees is the key to business success now, especially in the hospitality sector. This topic, taught by industry specialists with a lot of experience, will provide learners with the skills needed to progress in this fast-moving business area.
This will be a blended learning course with 70% online / 30% offline. If you are unable to attend live classes, the classes will be available online to watch at a later stage. It is a 10-week course, live classes will be on Tuesday evenings per week from 6:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Induction and onboarding of new hires for hotel roles.
- Disciplinary and dispute resolution techniques.
- Identification of key skill requirements for roles and drafting of standard job descriptions.
- Interview processes and legal requirements during the hiring cycle.
- Performance based renumeration and incentivisation in the hospitality area.
- HR Restructuring processes during business transformation
- Goal setting on an annual and rolling basis.
- Identification of high performers for promotions.
- Contract requirements and structures for Hotel Roles.
- Feedback and Exit interview strategies.
- Managing underperformance and probation
City Colleges Diploma
Assessment will be by a mixture of a written assignments and continuous assessment.
Michelle Burke has a wealth of experience in the Hotel Management Human Resources area, working for over 10 years for several International Hotel Chains and big multinational organisations including the Doyle Group, Accenture, Marlin Hotel, and The HR Suite. Her experience includes the management of recruitment and employee relations from right across the spectrum of hotel management functions.
In addition to her professional experience, Ms. Burke holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Hospitality Management, a Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development qualification from the National College of Ireland and has studied a Diploma in Law with the Law Society.
- Live & fully online
- Archived for review
Why City Colleges?
Industry Expert-led courses
Choose from one of our 100 courses, spanning 7 faculties, with over 16,000 graduates
Innovative and flexible study modes
Choose to study in one of our expertly led classroom and online environments
Deposit & instalment Options Available
Sign up to our courses with a deposit and structured payment plan.
We offer fully interactive classroom environment courses