Human resources (HR) is a department that manages the employee life cycle. This includes recruiting, hiring, onboarding, training, performance management, administering benefits, compensation and cessation of contracts.
Our HR course will ensure students have acquired skills in modern human resource management to aid them in developing a career in Human Resources. Students will develop key skills in areas such as Human Resource Management concepts, strategies and policies which are applicable to companies in industries across the world.
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is aimed at individuals looking to retrain or upskill to become HR Professionals. You may also be considering more robust qualifications such as CIPD, Bachelor or Masters programmes in the field of HR but first want to establish a grounding in this subject area.
You will also benefit from this course if you want to gain practical knowledge and understanding in the area of Human Resources. If you have a passion and drive to improve your own workplace practices and create work efficiencies within your own organisation.
Diploma in HR Topics
City Colleges HR Course focuses on the following;
- Management Theory and Practice
- The Strategic Context for HRM Today
- HRM Practice in Ireland
- International HRM
- The Labour Market
- Recruitment & Selection
- Employee Engagement
- Reward Management
- Appraising Performance
- Learning & Development
- Industrial Relations Management
- Employee Relations
- Managing Stress
- Emerging Trends and Issues in HRM
- Leadership and management
Diploma in HR Assessment
A pass grade on the written assignment will be required for awarding of the Diploma.
This HR Course is assessed by way of written examination (70%) and MCQ (30%).
Why City Colleges?
- Experienced, Industry based lecturers delivering contemporary content to students who are passionate about their subject.
- Live lectures which are also streamed live on Moodle and recorded for review
- City centre location in South Great George’s Street, convenient for bus, LUAS, DART
- Southside Dublin location in Dundrum
- Study rooms and library in our City Centre location
- Small class sizes to ensure greater peer to peer learning and student engagement