10% Off IT and Computing Diplomas – Use Code ITDIPS10
A good knowledge of networking will be a great stepping stone to having an exciting career in Networking and Securiy.
Our daily lives rely increasingly on connectivity. We live in the world of The Internet of Things. Why not join the increasing number of people working in the exciting world of Networking and Security. This course will take the student through every step taken and the typical devices used in the process from when a user types in a web address in a web browser to when the screen displays the web page. We will introduce you to Security of Networks. On completion of this course the student will have sufficient knowledge and skills to be able to embark on a career in Networking.
You will get an extensive overview of all the key components of a computer network. This Diploma course will teach you the skills needed to support Network devices in a modern IT environment and enable you to study other fields such as Cybersecurity.
Diploma in Networking Content
In this course we will cover:
- An Introduction to Networking
- OSI Model and the TCP/IP protocol suit
- Analysis of Network Protocols and their roles
- Configuring and troubleshoot Network Devices
- Basic network troubleshooting from a PC
- Use of a Wireshark software in analysing network traffic
- Managing and securing Networks
- Using Network devices and PCs in an Efficient and Professional mannner
- Building a small Network, employing all key protocols DNS, DHCP, NAT
What Will I Learn From This Course?
Having completed this course, the student will be able to configure, troubleshoot and manage the key component of a modern network, including PCs, routers, and switches.
Diploma in Networking Course Fee
Online course: €795
(€895 if paying in instalments)
If paying in instalments by direct debit, the deposit to book a place is €150 and the balance is split into three equal monthly payments.
Non-EU students: Call +353 1 4160034
John Sexton is a Chartered Engineer Electronic Engineering.
He holds a Master’s degree in Engineering from DCU, obtained in 1998.
John originally worked in the Telecoms sector before moving into Network Engineering in the nineties.
In 1998, he joined the lecturing staff in the Institute of Technology Tallaght, now part of the Technological University of Dublin. He lectured in Network Engineering for 18 years. In this time, he designed and delivered Networking modules at NFQ levels 6, 7 and 8. He has also delivered the CCNA Routing and Switching course for over 10 years.
He is currently a visiting lecturer for the Université de Toulouse II Jean Jaurès.
He has acquired a lot of experience teaching to groups of varying levels of education.
A pass grade on the written assignment will be required for awarding of the Diploma.
Similarly, the Project must be handed in on the due date unless a sound reason for lateness is provided. In such instances, an extension may be awarded at the discretion of the lecturer.
Why City Colleges
- Courses for students who are passionate about their subject, delivered by leaders in their field.
- Live lectures which are also streamed live on Moodle and recorded for review
- City centre location in South Great George’s Street, convenient for bus, LUAS, DART
- Southside Dublin, Ireland location
- Study rooms and library in our City Centre location in Dublin, Ireland
- Limited class size