Due to its ease of learning and usage, Python can be easily written and executed much faster than other programming languages.
Python is a general-purpose programming language that has a wide range of industry applications, from small single task scripts to complete desktop applications. YouTube is largely written in Python, so too are Reddit, Pinterest, and Instagram, it is also used by Intel, IBM, NASA, Pixar, JP Morgan Chase, and several other major companies.
This course leads the students from the basics of writing and running Python scripts to more advanced features such as file operations, regular expressions, working with binary data, and using the extensive functionality of Python modules. Emphasis is placed on features unique to Python, such as tuples, array slices, and output formatting. Students should be comfortable using the basic operating system on their laptop (Linux, Unix, Windows, Solaris or Mac OS X, etc.) on which they will be running Python.
Students will each receive a copy course notes and will be able to see the instructor’s screen simultaneously while working on their own.
Diploma in Python Programming Course Content
- A fundamental Understanding of Programming
- The different data types used in the Language
- To be Comfortable using arrays, classes and structures
- A Fundamental understanding of Python Object Orientated
- A good Knowledge of the major libraries used for data analysis
- Practical knowledge on how to import, filter, manipulate and save data to CSV files.
- Ability to use the relevant tools to output data in tabular and graphical format.
- To carry out, Report and Demonstrate sophisticated and complex Data Analysis
- To format output so that it is easily Read
- How to create your own Python programs
- How to navigate directories, create, read, update and delete files
Diploma in Python Programming Course Fee
(€995 if paying in instalments)
Online course: €715
(€815 if paying in instalments)
If paying in instalments by direct debit, the deposit to book a place is €150 and the balance is split into three equal monthly payments.
Non-EU students: Call +353 1 4160034
André is a Software developer practitioner with more than 20 years industry experience spamming different countries and market verticals for large and small business.
He specialised in the development of web applications to run in gaming devices, smart TVs, desktops, tablets and lately mobiles focusing strongly on frontend technologies in the last few years.
He has been involved in system engineering, design, architecture, testing and development of several cutting-edge products used by thousands of users around the globe.
André holds a Master’s in Cyber Security from the University of Northumbria UK and ITIL, Leadership and ScrumMaster certifications. Currently, his free time is dedicated to contributing to an OWASP project.
Students must attend at least 80% of classes to graduate with either the Diploma or Certificate of Attendance unless a serious and verifiable reason for further absence is provided.
If completing the course online, students’ attendance and participation of the live or recorded classes is tracked through Moodle.
A pass grade on the written assignment will be required for awarding of the Diploma.
Similarly, the Project must be handed in on the due date unless a sound reason for lateness is provided. In such instances, an extension may be awarded at the discretion of the lecturer.
Why City Colleges?
- Courses for students who are passionate about their subject, delivered by leaders in their field.
- Live lectures which are also streamed live on Moodle and recorded for review
- City centre location in South Great George’s Street, convenient for bus, LUAS, DART
- Southside Dublin location in Dundrum
- Study rooms and library in our City Centre location
- Limited class size