10% Off IT and Computing Diplomas – Use Code ITDIPS10
Python is consistently ranked as one of the easiest programming languages to learn, and is known for its high reliability and simple syntax.
Why Study Python Programming?
Python is easier to read, write, and learn than most other major programming languages.
Python has been in the public domain for 30 years and it has become a very common programming language. Used in a myriad of domains, from AI to web development, it is now one of the most popular languages used by development teams.
Python is an interpreted programming language. This means that unlike compiled languages like C++ or Java, you can run each line of code as soon as you finish writing it and see the results immediately. This is especially great for new programmers because you can get instantaneous feedback instead of waiting for the whole program to compile and run before you figure out if there is an error in your code.
This course will provide you with an overview of the software development process in addition to introducing important programming constructs and methodologies, using Python as a focal point. As this is an introductory course, no pre-requisite qualifications are necessary, but any experience in Computing and particularly in Programming is advantageous.
This course is designed to meet the needs of candidates who are currently working in related fields and may want to up-skill or for those who wish to pursue entry-level roles in the ICT sector. This course is also ideal for those who wish to pursue further study in Computer Science.
Diploma in Python Programming Course Content
An Introduction to Programming in Python
- What is programming?
- Program Implementation and IDEs – Software setup
Variables and Input/Output
- Why do we need to store values?
- How can we perform basic mathematical operations?
Strings and text manipulation
- Why we need to make decisions in coding? – Different Decision constructs
- Why we need loops
- What other components are needed to optimise use of Arrays
- Why would we want to break up our code?
- How do we set up methods to allow us to sectionalise our code?
File Handling – The basics
Basic Object-Oriented Principles
- Why do we need OOP?
- What are the pillars of OOP?
- How to set up an Object class in Python
What will I learn from this course?
As well as learning the basics of coding, you will learn some of the disciplines needed. These include organisation, research, teamwork, and perseverance.
Eugene O’Regan hails from the county of Cork and has taught for over 20 years. This has been primarily in the areas of coding and other data related ICT topics. His vast experience has been augmented by various qualifications, underlying Eugene’s commitment to education.
As well as Python, Eugene has taught related topics such as Android, SQL, Web design and Java to a variety of audiences and domains.
Diploma in Python Programming Course Fee
(€895 if paying in instalments)
Online course: €695
(€795 if paying in instalments)
If paying in instalments by direct debit, the deposit to book a place is €150 and the balance is split into three equal monthly payments.
Non-EU students: Call +353 1 4160034
A pass grade on the written assignment will be required for awarding of the Diploma.
Similarly, the Project must be handed in on the due date unless a sound reason for lateness is provided. In such instances, an extension may be awarded at the discretion of the lecturer.
Why City Colleges
- Courses for students who are passionate about their subject, delivered by leaders in their field.
- Live lectures which are also streamed live on Moodle and recorded for review
- City centre location in South Great George’s Street, convenient for bus, LUAS, DART
- Southside Dublin, Ireland location
- Study rooms and library in our City Centre location in Dublin, Ireland
- Limited class size