PROFESSIONAL DIPLOMA IN WEB DESIGN
*Secure your place with a €150 deposit & 3 equal payments
Prices Starting At €895
(Pay in full & get €100 off listed price)
Study in a classroom environment one evening a week.
Price from €995
(Pay in full & get €100 off listed price)
Live online training with real-time instructor-student interaction.
Price from €895
(Pay in full & get €100 off listed price)
This 10-week programme will provide you with the necessary skills to both build and manage a Professional Website.
Our Diploma in Web Design has been specifically designed to give you the essential skills and techniques required to create and manage your own website, while at the same time you will be improving your career prospects as a professional Web Designer.
This course will also explore elements of Graphic Design, with a strong focus around logo creation and image editing.
Once you are sufficiently proficient using these languages, we will then explore Content Management Systems. This journey will show you how easy it can be to design and manage your own website using the best software in the market today.
When the design work is complete, we will explore how to manage your website’s position on Google searches and how you can manipulate this ranking.
Your website’s customer profile will be addressed and where you can focus your attention around this while paying special attention to your social media presence.
Lectures are delivered classroom-based and online. All content is webcast live and recorded for review. Online content is available through Moodle.
An Introduction to Web Design
- Goal identification & scope definition.
How to design within a set of parameters.
Sitemap & wireframe creation.
Start writing HTML code using note pad.
Add various important elements to your webpage including a menu so that further pages can then be added later as the website develops.
Introduction to integrated development environments (IDE’s)
- Learn how to use IDEs to create clean and readable code in HTML and CSS, linking the languages to create unique and interesting webpages.
Introduction to reading and writing code
Adapting web page size to current platform
- Adapting website display size through your code to create an adaptive display.
Logo Design for Website
- Design a simple logo using Inkscape and discover the importance of a well-designed logo and how this can affect your business.
- Using graphic design software get an understanding of pixels and how to edit your images perfectly by resizing them. Understand using filters to optimise images and all the essential requirements to create a professional looking website.
Explore the Content Management Systems Options
- What are the best C.M.S. tools available?
Explore the most popular website CMS software right now are and then discover how easy it can be to create and manage your own professional looking website using these tools.
- Learn how to add an online shop to your website and then explore all the ways to make the most of your shop by highlighting and promoting certain areas / products.
SEO – Improve your Websites Google Ranking
- Align your website’s content while considering SEO
- Write a compelling title tag and meta description
- Optimize your sites images
- Optimize your web page speed
- Use internal site links
- Improve the web user experience
- Include keywords in URLs to help search ranking
Monitor Website visitors and learn where Best to Focus your Attention
- Use the best website traffic analytical tools to understand how and where to best focus your site viewer’s attention. Get the maximum page hits and ultimately convert as many site visitors as possible to customers.
A ‘Pass’ grade on both the digital assignment (Project) as well as in-class participation is required to achieve the Diploma. A ‘Fail’ grade will result in a Certificate of Attendance for the course but without the Diploma being awarded.
Students must attend at least 8 of the 10 course evenings to graduate with either the Diploma or Certificate of Attendance unless a serious and verifiable reason for further absence is provided. Likewise, the Project must be uploaded on the due date unless a sound reason for lateness is provided. In such instances, an extension may be awarded at the discretion of the lecturer.
Students will be assessed through a design project to be submitted within one month of cessation of lectures. This assignment will be a functioning website that has been SEO optimised. Submitted assignments will be graded with accompanying feedback.
- A good website can give a great first impression
- It can help to build trust with your audience
- It will help you to create a brand consistency
- Teach you to understand and manage your SEO
- Know how to get onto page 1 in Google searches
- Provide good user experience for visitors
- Help you to improve User Engagement
- It will help to increase your business sales
- Show you how to direct customers to certain products
- Help you nurture leads and get more conversions
- Help to save you costs spent on Marketing
Paul has been successfully teaching ICT to students in various colleges and schools for many years. Prior to and during his time teaching he established his own Web and Graphic Design business, creating a large portfolio of clients.
Paul has a vast knowledge of business, being involved in the retail sector for many years, owning and running his own retail outlets in Dublin, this business experience includes the introduction of an international retailing brand, involving the opening of multiple retail outlets around Ireland.
He is constantly striving to ensure clear and understandable code that can be used in scalable web and game environments. Michael brings a wealth of programming experience and knowledge with a particular interest in creating interesting interactive elements in all applications.
A City College’s Professional Diploma Course is a focused, practical programme designed and delivered by an industry practitioner, that consolidates, upskills or reskills learners in a professional area. They are stand-alone qualifications that indicate that you have been trained in a particular area or specific subject matter.
City College Diplomas are suitable for career minded learners wishing to advance their professional skills and prospects. They are widely accepted by employers and many students are sponsored to study here by their organisation.
In addition to our scheduled Professional Diploma courses, City Colleges can provide bespoke training over 3 – 4 days, please contact Kevin.Coyne@citygroup.ie for further details.
Who Should Apply?
- Sole Traders who require help to manage their business
- Small to Medium Enterprises who require help to improve their online presence
- People responsible for their company’s online presence
- Employees who want to further develop their career in Web Design
- Students who want to add website design to their professional portfolio
- Anybody who is interested in trying out Web Design for the first time
- People who wish to explore their creative side in a digital environment
This Website Design and Management course will primarily teach you the fundamentals or give you an understanding of the ‘engine’ that is running behind any website and how this can be manipulated to create a professional website that best suits your needs.
You will learn the importance of logo design when it comes to branding and how this can influence your overall website design. You will learn how your website works and how you can optimise it to improve customer engagement and end results.
You will develop the skills necessary to manage your website’s content management system which is vital training for anyone with an online presence in today’s world.
- Understand the principles of creating an effective web page.
- Learn the language of the web: HTML and CSS.
- Learn CSS grid layout and flexbox.
- Structure and implement HTML/CSS.
- Apply essential web development practices.
- Create visualizations in accordance with UI/UX
- Learn techniques of responsive web design, including media queries
- Become familiar with graphic design principles that relate to web design
- Develop skills in analysing the usability of a web site
- Understand how to conduct user research related to web usability
- Develop skills in digital imaging
- Be able to embed social media content into web pages
- Develop a fully functioning website and deploy on a web server
- Identify mobile strategies and design for multiple operating systems
- Distinguishing trends in multi-device implementation
Why City Colleges?
Study options that Suit your Schedule
Study where you want when you want. On Campus, Live Online, and On Demand.
Industry Expert-Led Courses
100+ courses, across subject areas in Business, IT, Psychology, Criminology, Law, Media, Arts & Science with over 16,000 graduates
World Class Teaching
City Colleges Lecturers are industry leaders in their chosen fields
Our commitment to student experience
Our Programme Teams engage, support, and guide our students throughout their programme to ensure that their learning experience is a positive one and prepares them to use their new skills in the workplace.
Cutting Edge Programme Content
Our students enjoy some of the most contemporary and industry-relevant course content, developed by our industry-based practitioners to close skills gaps in the global workforce
Premium courses at affordable prices
City Colleges is committed to ensuring that our education and training programmes are accessible and affordable.