10% Off IT and Computing Diplomas – Use Code ITDIPS10
Diploma in Website Design – Your Website is Your First Impression You give to Potential Customers
Why Website Design & Management?
- Website design is vital as it impacts how your audience perceives your brand
- 4.66 billion people active internet users as of October 2020, encompassing 59% of the world
- 1.4 million computing jobs were available in 2020
- Managing your own website will save you a lot of money on marketing
- 66% of people would prefer to see something beautifully designed versus something plain
- Understanding just how SEO works will help you get noticed on Google
- Knowing how to direct your customers to certain products will improve sales.
Our Diploma in Web Design has been created to bring you up to speed on a variety of skills and techniques required to improve your career prospects as a professional web designer or even just to acquire the necessary skills to manage your own website.
This course will also explore Graphic Design, with a particular focus on logo creation and image editing.
You will be taken step-by-step through the basics of creating, firstly a single webpage and ultimately a complete website, using the mark-up language HTML 5, while managing the site’s overall styling using CSS3.
Once you are sufficiently proficient in creating a simple website using these languages, we will then explore Content Management Systems, this journey will show you just how easy it is to manage your own website using the most suitable software for your business.
We will also look at how best to manage where your website appears in Google searches and just how to manipulate this ranking. Your site’s customer profile will be addressed and where is best to focus your attention.
- Sole Traders who require help to manage their business
- Small to Medium Enterprises who require help to improve their online presence
- People responsible for their company’s online presence
- Employees who want to further develop their career in Web Design
- Students who want to add website design to their profession
Diploma in Website Design Course Content: An Introduction to HTML & CSS
Learn just what is HTML and how do we create webpages. Where do we write the code and how does it all turn into a website?
Create a Simple Website using HTML5 & CSS3
Create a simple webpage with HTML5 and then style your page using CSS3. Add various important elements to your webpage including a menu so that further pages can then be added later.
Logo Design for Website
Design a simple logo using Inkscape and discover the importance of a good logo in relation to your business.
Explore Gimp software and get an understanding of pixels and how to edit your images perfectly by resizing them, using filters to optimise them and all the necessary requirements for images in a professional looking website.
Explore the Content Management Systems Options
What are the best CMS tools available? The most popular website CMS software right now are WordPress, WIX and Squarespace. Decide which tools are best most suited to your needs and how to navigate your way around that software.
Learn how to add an online shop to your website and then explore all of the ways to make the most of your shop by highlighting and promoting certain areas / products where you might want to focus customers attention.
SEO – Improve your Websites Google Ranking
Learn how to:
- Align your website’s content while considering peoples searches
- Write a compelling title tag and meta description
- Optimize your sites Images
- Optimize your web page speed
- Use internal site links
- Improve the web user experience
- Include keywords in URLs
Monitor Site visitors and learn where Best to Focus your Attention
Use the best website traffic analytical tools to understand how and where to focus your attention, get the maximum page hits and ultimately convert as many site visitors as possible to customers.
What will I learn from this course?
This Website Design and Management course will teach you the fundamentals or if you like an understanding of the engine that is running behind any website and how this can be manipulated to create design and make content changes.
You will learn the importance of a good logo and how a logo can be created.
You will also learn the necessary skills to navigate your own specific website content management system that is used to manage your online business.
Paul has been successfully teaching ICT to students in various colleges and schools for many years, while prior to and during this time, he established his own Web and Graphic Design business, creating a large portfolio of clients
Paul has a vast knowledge of business, being involved in the retail sector for many years, owning and running his own retail outlets in Dublin. His business experience also includes the introduction of an International retailing brand to Ireland, involving multiple retail outlets around Ireland.
Diploma in Web Course Fee
(€775 if paying in instalments)
Online course: €595
(€695 if paying in instalments)
If paying in instalments by direct debit, the deposit to book a place is €150 and the balance is split into three equal monthly payments.
Non-EU students: Call +353 1 4160034
Attendance and Assessment:
A ‘Pass’ grade on both the digital assignment (Project) as well as in-class participation is required to achieve the Diploma. A ‘Fail’ grade will result in a Certificate of Attendance for the course but without the Diploma being awarded.
Students must attend at least 8 of the 10 course evenings to graduate with either the Diploma or Certificate of Attendance unless a serious and verifiable reason for further absence is provided. Likewise, the Project must be uploaded on the due date unless a sound reason for lateness is provided. In such instances, an extension may be awarded at the discretion of the lecturer
Students will be assessed through a design project to be submitted within one month of cessation of lectures. This assignment will be a simple functioning website. Submitted essays will be graded with accompanying feedback.
Why City Colleges
- Courses for students who are passionate about their subject, delivered by leaders in their field.
- Live lectures which are also streamed live on Moodle and recorded for review
- City centre location in South Great George’s Street, convenient for bus, LUAS, DART
- Southside Dublin, Ireland location
- Study rooms and library in our City Centre location in Dublin, Ireland
- Limited class size