Students can take this course in the classroom and receive a QQI Level 6 Conflict Management Award or take this course online and receive a Diploma in Mediation and Conflict Resolution from City Colleges.
This course aims to equip participants with key skills in setting up for and managing negotiations in a variety of fractious environments. Participants do not have to be those seeking to be professional negotiators, but rather, managers or professionals who would benefit from having an improved skill-set in this area. The course includes techniques designed to lower the conflict level by accurate assessment and implementation of appropriate responses.
The training would be ideal for those professionals expecting to work in fragile and difficult environments, such as the military, law enforcement, but also all public sector and NGO personnel who would be likely to encounter scenarios where they would need to apply skills as mentioned.
A pass grade on the written assignment will be required for awarding of the Diploma.
The course is assessed by way of continuous assessment (100%).
Classroom – QQI Level 6 Conflict Management Award
Online – City Colleges Diploma in Mediation and Conflict Resolution
A City College’s Professional Diploma Course is a focused, practical programme designed and delivered by an industry practitioner, that consolidates, upskills or reskills learners in a professional area. They are stand-alone qualifications that indicate that you have been trained in a particular area or specific subject matter.
City College Diplomas are suitable for career minded learners wishing to advance their professional skills and prospects. They are widely accepted by employers and many students are sponsored to study here by their organisation.
In addition to our scheduled Professional Diploma courses, City Colleges can provide bespoke training over 3 – 4 days, please contact Kevin.Coyne@citygroup.ie for further details.
1. Explain the role, function, and forms of expression of conflict in group and organisational life
2. Discuss the theoretical and practice dimensions of conflict management and conflict resolution in particular similarities and differences between them
3. Demonstrate detailed knowledge of methods and strategies for managing conflict problems including solving, negotiation, passive, smoothing approach, adversarial approach, compromising, withdrawal and avoidance
4. Discuss the role, function, and styles of mediation and negotiation in managing conflict
5. Utilise a range of methods to intervene in a conflict situation in group and organisational life
6. Demonstrate skills of conflict management in organisational life
7. Present an analytical framework for understanding and managing conflict in a group or organisational contexts
8. Critically assess the strengths and weaknesses associated with their personal style of conflict management in group or organisational contexts
9. Demonstrate good practice in managing conflict in group or organisational contexts
Why City Colleges?
Study options that Suit your Schedule
Study where you want when you want. On Campus, Live Online, and On Demand.
Industry Expert-Led Courses
100+ courses, across subject areas in Business, IT, Psychology, Criminology, Law, Media, Arts & Science with over 16,000 graduates
World Class Teaching
City Colleges Lecturers are industry leaders in their chosen fields
Our commitment to student experience
Our Programme Teams engage, support, and guide our students throughout their programme to ensure that their learning experience is a positive one and prepares them to use their new skills in the workplace.
Cutting Edge Programme Content
Our students enjoy some of the most contemporary and industry-relevant course content, developed by our industry-based practitioners to close skills gaps in the global workforce
Premium courses at affordable prices
City Colleges is committed to ensuring that our education and training programmes are accessible and affordable.