Are you concerned that your organization might be the next victim of a cybersecurity attack? You are not alone. It’s time to learn the basic concepts of cybersecurity and become a cyber defender.
Cybersecurity skills are in high demand in every sector of business and society today. This course will give you a chance to learn the fundamentals and introduce you to a possible career in cybersecurity.
Diploma in Cybersecurity – Comptia’s Security+ Overview
This course is designed as an introductory course to the concepts of cyber security. Some previous background in information technology is helpful to students in this course. The course content is based on CompTIA’s Security+ certification exam preparation and includes:
Course Content – Comptia’s Security+ Training
- Comparing Security Roles and Security Controls
- Explaining Threat Actors and Threat Intelligence
- Performing Security Assessments
- Identifying Social Engineering and Malware
- Summarizing Basic Cryptographic Concepts
- Implementing Public Key Infrastructure
- Implementing Authentication Controls
- Implementing Identity and Account Management Controls
- Implementing Secure Network Designs
- Implementing Network Security Appliances
- Implementing Secure Network Protocols
- Implementing Host Security Solutions
- Implementing Secure Mobile Solutions
- Summarizing Secure Application Concepts
- Implementing Secure Cloud Solutions
- Explaining Data Privacy and Protection Concepts
- Performing Incident Response
- Explaining Digital Forensics
- Summarizing Risk Management Concepts
- Implementing Cybersecurity Resilience
- Explaining Physical Security
Taking the CompTIA Security+ certification exam is optional. Students who wish to sit for the official certification exam should visit www.comptia.org for more information on the requirements and fees. The registration fee for the official Security+ certification exam is not included in this lecture course. To successfully pass the certification exam, students will need to invest additional study time beyond the time spent in this class.
What will I learn from this course?
Fundamental Cybersecurity knowledge areas in particular:
- Attacks, Threats, and Vulnerabilities
- Architecture and Design
- Operations and Incident Response
- Governance, Risk, and Compliance
‘CompTIA Security+ Study Guide: Exam SY0–601, (8th edition) by Mike Chapple and David Seidl’.
*This book is available to buy on Amazon, please purchase this before the course commences.
Laptop or PC with an operating system of Windows 8 or newer is fine for this course, but an iPad is not recommended.
Stephanie Ewing has 20 years of experience in information technology and information security leadership. She spent several years working with leaders of critical infrastructure organizations across the nation to improve their security programs. Through workshops, training classes and tabletop exercises, Stephanie has worked to educate organizations on security threats and risk management strategies. Stephanie has held various technology leadership positions in the utility industry including several years managing enterprise security operations. Her experience includes the implementation of corporate governance, risk and compliance programs, security awareness training and security operations.
In addition to her professional experience, Ms. Ewing holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Technical Communication and a Master of Arts degree in Organizational Management. She is a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) and formerly a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and a Certified Information Security Manager (CISM).
Diploma in Cybersecurity Course Fee
(€995 if paying in instalments)
Online course: €895
(€995 if paying in instalments)
If paying in instalments by direct debit, the deposit to book a place is €150 and the balance is split into three equal monthly payments.
Non-EU students: Call +353 1 4160034
A pass grade on the written assignment will be required for awarding of the Diploma.
Similarly, the Project must be handed in on the due date unless a sound reason for lateness is provided. In such instances, an extension may be awarded at the discretion of the lecturer.
Why City Colleges
- Courses for students who are passionate about their subject, delivered by leaders in their field.
- Live lectures which are also streamed live on Moodle and recorded for review
- City centre location in South Great George’s Street, convenient for bus, LUAS, DART
- Southside Dublin location in Dundrum
- Study rooms and library in our City Centre location
- Limited class size